12.22.2007

YW Lesson

M-kay, I don't know if anyone out there is blogging on the Saturday before Christmas, but this is a call for help! I'm supposed to be teaching a Christmas lesson in Young Women's tomorrow and I'm having a hard time collecting my thoughts. It's kind of a create your own lesson week, and I think I'd like to focus on Mary's role as the mother of Jesus. I think it's applicable--a young girl, about their age, who has been prepared and then receives this huge task from the Lord and is able to accept because she has lived her life in such a way as to be able to do so. I mostly want to focus around the scripture in Luke 1 that says "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word." I really want to talk about Mary but more importantly, about how they as young women need to be prepared to be the "handmaid of the Lord" when they are called upon to bear the load their lives will have for them. That's what I have so far--ideas? input? anything?

5 comments:

Nemesis said...

Am calling you!

Tasha said...

I wish I could sit in on your lesson! I want to hear it. i love the idea. Such a good thing for the girls to think about. Hmmm. Thinking. Will try to get back.

Amber Grannis said...

Sounds pretty awesome so far...not sure I could suggest anything. You'll be brilliantly inspired tomorrow! Good luck!

Snow Whiteley said...

Well, looks like Miss Nemesis has you taken care of. Overall, sounds like a great idea to me.

If you focus on her and the faith that she had to have. I mean really, Joseph could have had her stoned.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

Too late, but let's you and I chat before we have to teach the make-up-our-own-YW-Easter-lesson. Seriously!
Natalie R